Karachi: In continuation of our letter No. NCL/K-LSE/2011 dated October 8, 2011. We are please to submit herewith a copy of the Notice of Annual General Meeting schedule to be held on 31st October, 2011 for circulation amongst your members.
Notice is hereby given that the 22nd Annual General Meeting of the Shareholders on Nishat (Chunian) Limited will be held at the Registered Office of the Company 31-Q, Gulberg II, Lahore on 31st October 2011 at 11:30 A.M. to transact the following business:-
1. To confirm the minutes of the last General Meeting.
2. To receive end adopt audited accounts of the Company for the year ended 30 June 2011 together with Directors and Auditors reports thereon.
3. To approve 20% cash dividend for ordinary shares and 15% preferencial dividend for preference shares as recommended by the Board of Directors.
4. To appoint auditors for the year ending 30 June 2012 and to fix their remuneration. The present auditors M/S Riaz Ahmed and Co. Chartered Accountants retire and being eligible offered themselves for re-appointment.
5. To transact any other business with the permission of the Chair.
1. The Member’s Register will remain closed from October 29, 2011 to November 4, 2011 (both days inclusive). Transfers received at Hameed Majeed Associate (Pvt) Limited, H.M. House, 7 Bank Square Lahore, the Register and share transfer office of the Company by the close of business on 28.10.2011 will be consider in time for attending the AGM and for above entitlement .
2. A member eligible to attend and vote at this meeting may appoint another member as proxy to attend and vote in the meeting. Proxies in order to be effective must be received by the company at the Registered Office not later than 48 hours before the time for holding the meeting.
3. Shareholders are requested to immediately notify the change in address, if any.
4. CDC account holders will further have to follow the following guidelines as laid down by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
a. For attending the meeting
i) in case of individuals the account holder or sub-account holder and/or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the Regulations, shall authenticate his/her identity by showing his original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or original passport at the time of attending the meeting.
ii) In case of corporate entity the Board of Directors ‘resolution/power of attorney with specimen signatures of the nominee shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier) at the time of the meeting.
b. For Appointing Proxies
i) In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and/or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the Regulations shall submit the proxy form as per the above requirement.
ii) The proxy form shall be witnessed by two persons whose names, addressed and CNIC numbers shall be mentioned on the form.
iii) Attested copies of CNIC or the passport of the beneficial owners and the proxy shall be furnished with the proxy form.
iv) The proxy shall produce his original CNIC or original passport at the time of the Meeting.
v) In case of corporate entity the Board of Directors resolution/power of attorney with specimen signatures shall be submitted (unless it has been provided earlier ) along with proxy form to the company .
For more information, contact:
Nishat (Chunian) Limited
31-Q, Gulberg II,