Karachi: Please find enclosed a copy of the Notice of the Annual General Meeting to be held on Saturday, October 29,20 11 at 12:30 p.m. at Sadabahar Lawn, Kokan Society/Ryder Ali Road, Karachi-5.
Notice of Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 22nd Annual General Meeting of the Shareholders of Idrees Textile Mills Limited will be held on Saturday, October 29, 2011 at 12.30 P.M at Sadabahar Lawn Kokan Society, Hyder Ali Road, Karachi-5 to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of the last Annual General Meeting held on October 29, 2010.
2. To receive, consider and adopt Reports of Directors and Auditors together with Audited financial statements of the company for the year ended June 30, 2011.
3. To appoint Auditors for the year ending June 30, 2012 and fix their remuneration. The retiring auditor M/s M. Yousuf Adil Saleem and Company, Chartered Accountants, being eligible, offer themselves for re-appointment.
4. To elect seven Directors of the Company as fixed by the Board in accordance with the provisions of section 178 (1) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 for a term of three years. The name of the retiring Directors are as under:
1. Mr. S.M. Idrees Allawala
2. Mr. Mansoor Idrees Allawala
3. Mr. Imran Idress Allawala
4. Mr. Kamran Idrees Allawala
5. Mr. Naeem Idrees Allawala
6. Mr. Muhammad Israil
7. Mrs. Saba Kamran
The retiring Directors are eligible for re-election.
5. To approve cash dividend @10% to minority shareholders, as recommended by the Board of Directors.
6. To transact any other business that may be placed before the meeting with the permission of the Chairman.
i) Shareholders are advised to promptly notify any change in their addresses.
ii) Share Transfer Books of the Company will remain closed from October 26, 2011 to November 3, 2011 (both days inclusive).
iii) A member eligible to attend and vote at the Annual General Meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend, and vote for him/her.
iv) Any individual Beneficial Owner of CDC, entitled to attend and vote at this meeting, must brig his/her Original CNIC or Passport to prove his/her identity and in case of Proxy must enclose additionally an attested coy of his/her CNIC or Passport Representatives of corporate members should bring the usual documents required for such purpose.
v) Any person who seeks to contest the election of Director shall file with the Company at its Registered Office, not later than fourteen days before the date of meeting, the following:
(a) a notice of his/her intention to offer himself/herself for election as a Director:
(b) a declaration (copy may be obtained from Registered Office) on the matters required by the Code of Corporate Governance:
vi) An instrument of proxy under which it is signed, in order to be valid must be deposited at the Registered Office of the Company not less than 48 hours before the time of holding the Meeting.
vii) Members are requested to provide by mail or fax, photocopy of their CNIC or passport (in case of foreigner), unless it has been provided earlier, enabling the Company to Company to comply with relevant laws.
For more information, contact:
Idrees Textile Mills Limited
Ismail Center 1st Floor, 6-C,
Central Commercial Area
Bahadurabad Karachi – 74800,
Tel: (92-21) 34940026
Fax: (92-21) 34945306