Complete strike in IHK on Wednesday, Thursday

Complete strike in IHK on Wednesday, Thursday


Srinagar, February 19, 2013 (PPI-OT): Veteran Kashmiri Hurriyet leader, Syed Ali Gilani has announced a two-day complete shutdown in occupied Kashmir on Wednesday and Thursday with mass protests on Friday to demand handover of the body of martyred leader, Muhammad Afzal Guru.

Syed Ali Gilani in a statement issued from New Delhi said that body of Muhammad Afzal Guru needed to be returned for its burial as per Islamic rites. The veteran leader said that a torch procession would be held after Maghrab prayers on Wednesday evening and special prayers would be offered for the Shaheed’s soul on Thursday evening.

The Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front has already called for the strike on Friday against the judicial murder of Mohammad Afzal Guru and denial of his body to the Kashmiris.

The All Parties Hurriyet Conference in a meeting presided over by Professor Abdul Ghani Butt in Srinagar, today, said that Muhammad Afzal Guru had fallen prey to Indian political wrangling. The meeting denounced the surge in spate of killings, arrests and raids in the occupied territory following the secret hanging of Muhammad Afzal Guru by India in Dehli’s Tihar jail on February 9.

Hundreds of people participated in the funeral prayers in absentia for Muhammad Afzal Guru in Islamabad town. Chairman of Jammu Kashmir Ummat-I- Islami, Qazi Ahmed Yasir, while addressing the gathering on occasion denounced the secret hanging of Muhammad Afza Guru.

Independent Member of so-called Kashmir Assembly, Engineer Abdur Rasheed has supported the strike calendar issued by pro-freedom leaders demanding mortal remains of Muhammad Afzal Guru.

Scores of lawyers staged a protest march in Bandipore to demand handover of the mortal remains of Mohammad Afzal Guru to his family.

The APHC, JKLF-R, Zafar Akbar Butt, Mukhtar Ahmad Waza, Muhammad Yousuf Naqash, Aasiya Andrabi and Yasmeen Raja in their separate statements demanded probe by international human rights organisations into the death of a 55-year-old woman after being harassed by Indian forces during their raid on her house in Kulgam. On the other hand, strict restrictions remained enforced in the area for the second consecutive day, today, to prevent people from coming to the house of victim woman for condolence.

The authorities have asked APHC leader, Mukhtar Ahmad Waza to remain confine to his house in Islamabad town.

In New Delhi, the government of India has ordered all the Internet service providing companies to immediately block access to around 55 pages created on the social networking sites including Facebook after the hanging of Muhammad Afzal Guru.

For more information, contact:
Kashmir Media Service
Phone: 92-51-4435548, 4435549
Fax: 92-51-4861736



You can be the first one to leave a comment.


Leave a Comment


You must be logged in to post a comment.